F&A Administrative Continuity Information
In light of the coronavirus (COVID-19) situation, the following is an update on Finance and Administration continuity plans. All F&A departments (Shared Services, Financial Services, Human Resources, IT Services, Compliance/Internal Audit, and Risk Management) will be managed remotely during this time. The following plans are in place to ensure we continue to support all members of the UChicago campus community and our partners. This is a fluid situation, so information will be updated as needed. You are encouraged to check back for the latest information.
Updates by F&A Service Area
- Payroll processing will proceed without interruption and will adhere to the current payroll schedules.
- We encourage those who currently receive a paper paycheck to enroll in direct deposit to ensure they continue to receive pay on time. To learn how to enroll in direct deposit click here.
- For those who opt not to enroll in direct deposit, their paycheck will be mailed to their home address in Workday. To verify that information is correct or to make changes, please log-into Workday and follow these instructions.
- Manual payroll report printing and distribution will be on hold. Electronic payroll reports are available in Business Objects in the PAR Universe named PAR-303-PayExp-Monthly-For FAS Dept.
HR Transaction Processing:
- Clerical testing will be suspended during this period.
- Services provided by the SSO HR and Student Employment teams will not be impacted. As always, any specific issues or questions in HR processing should be submitted through the Shared Services portal.
- For HR transactions and payroll inquiries, call 773.702.5800, or submit a request in ServiceNow.
Accounts Payable (AP)
- AP will continue to set up vendors and process payments as normal.
- AP checks will be mailed to vendors and not distributed on campus.
Manual checks will only be processed in the event of an emergency and will require the approval of Ronn Kolbash, AVP for Shared Services, or Patti Ferriter, Director for Procure-to-Pay. Processing times will be impacted, and same-day checks may not be available.
- Checks for amounts less than $1 million will be sent via U.S. Postal Service and may require 2-4 business days for processing. We strongly recommend using wires for payments more than $1 million.
- All wires and electronic payments (SUA and ACH) will continue as normal.
- For emergencies or urgent payment requests, contact Shared Services at 773.702.5800 or submit a request in ServiceNow.
- All new and replacement GEMS cards will be sent via U.S. Postal Service to the employee’s home address on file in Workday.
- Expense report assistance will continue as normal. If you need help with your expense reports, contact the GEMS team at firstname.lastname@example.org or submit a request in ServiceNow.
Shared Services Desk
The Shared Services Service Desk will continue to be available during normal business hours (Monday – Friday, 8 a.m. – 5 p.m.). For phone inquiries, call 773.702.5800. For chat and customer portal inquiries, use Service Now.
BuySite, ePayment, and GEMS systems remain available online. Transactions submitted through these systems will continue to be processed as normal. For general procurement inquiries, call 773.702.5800 or submit an “Ask a Purchasing Question” request in ServiceNow. You can also use the following ServiceNow request forms:
There may be delays in the following requests: updating authorized signers on bank accounts, opening, and closing bank accounts, and other bank-related matters that require signed documents. If you have questions, contact Anna Mairink, Director of Treasury Operations, at email@example.com.
- The Benefits Office will continue to be available during normal business hours (Monday – Friday, 8:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.). For inquiries, call 773.702.9634, email firstname.lastname@example.org, or submit a request in ServiceNow.
- Pre-retirement meetings are suspended until regular on-campus operations resume. You can schedule a phone meeting by contacting the Benefits Office and/or request that a retirement kit be mailed to your home.
- Benefits walk-in meetings are suspended until on-campus operations resume. Please contact the Benefits Office with questions using the contact information listed above for a phone consultation or direct inquiries via email.
- TIAA is temporarily suspending financial consultant campus visits. To schedule a web or phone counseling appointment, contact TIAA at tiaa.org/schedulenow or call 800.732.8353.
Employee and Labor Relations (ELR)
For ELR matters, email email@example.com or contact your ELR consultant:
- Brett Leibsker, Director Employee and Labor Relations – 773.834.2657 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Rachel Betts, Senior Consultant – 773.702.4716 or email@example.com
- Mylah Diffay, Senior Consultant – 773.702.3963 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Rucker Odem, Senior Consultant – 773.702.2318 or email@example.com
IT Services Desk
The IT Service Desk will continue to be available during normal business hours (Monday – Friday, 8 a.m. – 5 p.m.). For phone inquiries, call 773.702.5800. For chat and customer portal inquiries, submit a request in ServiceNow.
ITS Leasing Computer Equipment
If you place a Computer Leasing order, we will continue to make your equipment available for onsite deployment. If you are not on-site, contact the Service Desk to make other arrangements for delivery.
Compliance and Internal Audit
- The Office of Compliance and Internal Audit remains open and operational.
- Our office staff is available to answer any questions regarding Compliance and/or Internal Audit.
- The Hotline remains operational at this time.
- The Office of Risk Management remains open and operational.
- The Risk Management staff is available to answer any questions and provide services related to insurance, risk mitigation, claims management, contract review/certificates of insurance, and certificates of insurance/waivers/releases.
- The Office of Risk Management also continues management of the Workers' Compensation Program.